The International Award in Basic Life Support and Safe use of an AED course is designed to train individuals who are willing to work or already working in healthcare industry. People who wish to understand first aid at workplace and have access to automated external defibrillator.
Who should attend?
- People who are working as healthcare providers.
- Those to wish to work in healthcare industry
- Those who are willing to learn basic first aid and safe use of AED
Requirement for Entry
- Candidates must know to read and write in English
What will they learn?
After attending the training attendees will be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally, be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally, know how to safely use an automated external defibrillator and be able to safely use an automated external defibrillator.
- understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Identify how to minimize the risk of infection
- Conduct a scene survey
- Conduct a primary survey of a casualty
- Conduct a head to toe survey
- Airway assessment
- Manage a casualty who is in seizure
- Identify and demonstrate Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (using a manikin).
- How to recognize and assist a casualty who is choking
- How to recognize and assist a casualty with a minor injury
- Manage a casualty who is in shock
- How to administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints.
- How to administer first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
- Using defibrillator (AED) after conducting CPR
- Assessment test and practical test
Course Duration : 4 hours
Certification : HABC Certificate (International)
Assessment : Delegates are assessed throughout the course by instructor observation of the essential skills.
There is also a summative assessment of knowledge and skills at the end of this course.