The Level 3 International Award in Emergency First Aid at Work and Use of AED is a qualification aimed at providing learners with the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to support emergency first aid in the workplace.
What is the objective of the Training?
Level 3 International Award in Emergency First Aid at Work and Use of AED covers knowledge such as the roles and responsibilities of a first aider and how to assess and incident. It also covers first aid skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), providing first aid to a casualty who is choking and dealing with external bleeding, shock and other workplace first aid emergency.
Who should attend?
Individuals who either by profession, or as a part time activity on site with responsibility for managing all forms of emergency situations. Anyone who has to manage, implement First aid at the emergency time. Typically Line Managers, Maintenance Managers and Engineers, Supervisors, Safety Advisors and those selected to become new First aiders and workers.
- Introduction and aim of first aid
- Role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Minimising infection and barrier devices
- Accessing the incident
- Prioritize the treatment of casualty
- Primary survey and Secondary Survey
- Recovery Position
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Introduction to AED and Safe Usage
- The respiratory system
- Handling a choking casualty
- Anaphylaxis (Severe Allergic Reactions)
- Managing Casualty with Asthma
- Manage a casualty who is in hypovolemic shock
- The circulatory system
- Handling a wounds and bleeding casualty
- Wounds with foreign object and amputation
- Manage a casualty who is in seizure (Partial and Epileptic Seizure).
- Managing fracture, dislocations. head injury and spinal injury
- Managing burns and scalds
- Recognise and assist a casualty with a minor injury
- Managing Heart Attack and Stroke
- Managing Diabetes (High and Low Glucose)
- Heat Strock and Heat Exhaustion
Course Duration : 7 hours
Certification : On completion of the course successful delegates will receive a HABC Certificate.
Practical Observation : Delegates are assessed throughout the course by observation of the essential skills.
Practical assessment is completed throughout the course delivery.
Assessment requires learners to demonstrate practical first aid skills.