This qualification is proposed for learners who are already working or intend to work in Infants and children welfare, Participants will gain adequate knowledge, understanding and skills to support basic first aid including managing illness and injury and the use of an automated external defibrillator.
What is the objective of the Training?
By end of the course the attendees will learn;
- What is the role Paediatric First Aider
- How to Assess the situation
- Understanding how to respond based on different scenarios
- When and why to use AED
Who should attend?
- People who are already working in child and infant welfare industry
- People who intend to work in industry
- Child and Infant Caregivers
- People who wish to learn on how to respond in case of any medical emergency with Child /Infant
- Understanding the role of the paediatric first aider
- Assessing emergency situations and acting safely and effectively
- Providing first aid for an unresponsive breathing
- Providing first aid for an unresponsive not breathing
- Wounds and bleeding
- Hypovolemic Shock and Management of Shock
- Safe use of an automated external defibrillator (AED).
- First aid for suspected fracture/dislocation
- Head, neck and back injury
- Conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- Effects of extreme heat or cold
- Burns or scalds
- Animal bite or stung
Course Duration : 12 Hours
Certification : On completion of the course successful delegates will receive a HABC Certificate.
Assessment : Delegates are assessed throughout the course by instructor observation of the essential skills. There is also a summative assessment of knowledge and skills at the end of this course